Information Systems: Driving the Digital Future
Information systems (IS) are computing systems that support business operations, management, and decision making in organizations. IS are an integral part of virtually every work environment and play a critical role in running organizations. They are the heart of the internet-based economy. IS enable people to access the information they need, to collaborate, make informed decisions, and perform their jobs and personal activities effectively. The IS field bridges computing and business. IS professionals serve as the critical link between the technical and business areas of an organization. They collaborate to solve problems, and then design, analyze, implement, deploy and evaluate the computing systems that drive the modern enterprise. IS professionals are thus among the most essential individuals in an organization, building and managing the systems upon which the enterprise survives and thrives. IS and the Web are now deeply intertwined. Most information systems are now Web systems, and IS professionals regularly work with and design them.
- degree comparison
- MS in Business and Information Systems (MS BIS)
- MS in Emergency Management and Business Continuity (MS EMBC)
- MS in Information Systems (MS IS)
- Not sure which MS degree is for you? Please contact our MS Advisor!
Options Leading to MS Degree
- Graduate Certificate Option
- As a stepping stone to the full MS degree, you may do a 4-course Graduate Certificate. All four courses will count fully towards a MS degree.
- For 3-Year Overseas Degree Holders: Bridge option for full MS Degree