BA in Information Systems
The BA IS degree features a strong practical focus in designing, developing and evaluating IS, databases, management information systems, and decision support systems. Students complete a specialization in business or graphics, a career track in a specific area of interest, and a capstone project with a major local company. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics notes that IS jobs are among the highest paying and fastest growing in the nation. Jobs in this field include application systems analyst, information systems auditor, database designer, and for those with a business minor, business systems analyst.
Program Education Objectives (PEOs)
The objectives of the Bachelor of Art in Information Systems program are to prepare the student so that three to five years after completing the program, the graduate will:
1. Be working as a computing professional, utilizing the knowledge acquired in the BA in Information Systems program.
2. Be engaged in the computing profession and be utilizing professional skills to make a positive impact on society.
3. Have participated in further professional development, employing the learning skills taught in the BA in Information Systems program.
- Degree Requirements (catalog description)
- Business & New Media Specializations
- What you will learn in the BAIS (Degree Goals)
- What Do Our Students Say?
- BA IS Brochure
- Admissions web site (apply online now)
- More Information and Opportunities