The BS BIS degree provides the best of both worlds - a solid understanding of business concepts and the technical know-how to support the needs of an organization and its customers. Besides learning about IS topics such as databases, application development tools, web design, software use and evaluation, management information, and decision support systems, students will learn such business topics as accounting, finance, financial products, business operations, and marketing. The program concludes with a capstone project with a major local company. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics points to a great need for people with strong management and technical skills well into the next decade. Jobs in this field include business systems analyst, management analyst, and e-commerce architect. BS BIS students also qualify for NJIT’s Business minor.
Detailed Program Information
- Degree Requirements (catalog description)
- Program Education Objectives (PEOs) and Student Outcomes
- Enrollment and Graduation Data
Dual major with BS Science, Technology and Society (BS STS)
- (link to BS STS)
- What Industry Thinks?
- Read an interview with Program Founder, Dr. Nakayama, on the BS BIS
- BS BIS Brochure
- Admissions web site (apply online now)
- More Information and Opportunities